Peak Design Black Shell Form-Fitting Rain and Dust Cover
Protect your camera from water, snow, dust and abrasion, whether it’s in your hands, on the tripod, on your backpack or in your bag. Shell’s unique form-fitting design uses stretchy fabric with a waterproof membrane to keep your camera safe without adding bulk or impeding your workflow. Use Shell with the Capture Camera Clip or any Peak Design strap (sold separately) to keep your camera accessible in any environment.Please choose your size from the drop-down menu in this listing, please note, one size of Shell is provided.
AVAILABLE IN 3 SIZES
ANCHOR PORTS Allow use with any Peak Design strapSECURE Completely cinches closed for safe camera stowageSMALL FOOTPRINT Packs down small into its built in storage pocketSTRETCHABLE 4-way stretch fabric is seam-taped to resist rain, snow, dust and abrasionCONVENIENT Access viewfinder and controls without removing
WHAT SIZE SHELL DO I NEED?
If you've looked at the charts below and you still can't decide, then use these guiding principles to get you through these tough times:
1. Keep in mind, for most camera/lens sizes there are 2 Shell sizes that will fit your camera. So, this isn't a life or death situation.
2. Shell is made to stretch and fit your camera snugly. For any given camera size, a smaller Shell will fit your camera more snugly and a larger Shell will have a baggier fit.
3. A tighter fit is better for carrying your camera in Capture since everything will be nice and snug. A looser fit is better if you plan to actively shoot with Shell in the rain since it will be quicker to pull Shell up and access your controls.
4. Even if you get the larger Shell size, it will be much more snug-fitting than other camera rain covers on the market. Another advantage of picking the larger size is that you can cinch Shell closed all the way around your camera, even when using long lenses with hoods.
5. If you have a DSLR and a mirrorless camera, consider getting 2 Shells. You really don't want to use anything bigger than the small Shell for a mirrorless camera.
WORKS WITH CAPTURE CAMERA CLIP OR STANDALONE
Available in 3 sizes for a snug fit with almost any camera/lens combo
Mirrorless cameras with any size lens*.
Crop-sensor DSLRs with kit or small prime lenses and no battery grip.
*Almost any size lens. If you're using a Sony a7ii with the Sony 70-200 FE lens, you'll want a Medium Shell.
Crop-sensor DSLRs with any size lens* and/or battery grip.
Full-frame DSLRs with lenses as long as a 24-70 f2.8 and no battery grip.
*Any size DX lens. If you're using a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 pro lens on a Nikon D5300 body, you'll want a Large Shell.
Full-frame DSLRs with any size lens* and/or battery grip.
Flagship DSLRs with any size lens*.
*Almost any size lens. If you're using 600mm+ lenses, Shell will fit around your camera body but will not cover your entire lens.
Also note that we have not tested Shell on medium-format camera bodies. Shell is designed for DSLR and mirrorless cameras, so we don't currently recommend it on other kinds of cameras. If you find that it works on any medium/large format cameras, please let us know!